Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Ready For Mount Charleston

Tomorrow we will be attempting our first caching adventure in Mount Charleston!  The heat in the valley of Vegas has been unbearable lately, so we thought this would be a good time to go to Mount Charleston, seeing as the elevation causes a great drop in temperature. 

My parents and brother finally picked up new hiking boots tonight so they’re ready to test them out!  Not only did they get new boots, we also got a new digital camera, so no more pictures and videos from my phone! Expect to see higher quality images and videos. 

We hope on finding the “Big Falls” which is apparently some amazing scenery where the falls pours out of the mountain, but we also want a good amount of caches to find and also drop off my 2 geocoins I found on the last trip.  Hopefully the temperature will stay cool and allow us to not only see the Big Falls which is an approximate 2-3 hour hike, but also go on this trail which seems to have caches lined up all the way on it! If everything goes accordingly, I should be adding 5-6 caches to my name as well as seeing some form of a waterfall.  My new hiking book came in the mail yesterday and actually has the trail to Big Falls mapped out, so this will be a good time to test out the book! 

Here is a video I found of the falls we hope to reach tomorrow…

2 comments:

  1. have a great trip

    I've enjoyed reading your blog so far, keep up the good work, it all looks so very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We did, blog will be up shortly, been having internet issues which seem to finally be fixed...so hopefully the internet won't randomly die the next time I'm typing!

    ReplyDelete